Athlete Enhancement Program (AEP)
Next application deadline is AUGUST 1, 2013
Why the Athlete Enhancement Program?
The purpose of the program is to give athletes an opportunity to access information and knowledge necessary to achieve athletic success. Athlete Enhancement Program (AEP) Athletes will receive access to a Performance Enhancement Team through educational opportunities. The Performance Enhancement Team (PET) is a group of sport science/health care professionals who work collaboratively to implement education programs through the Winning Edge Seminars to enhance the athlete’s development and knowledge.
- Successfully selected Athletes must attend a mandatory Athlete Orientation Day August 28th, 2013
- Athletes are required to attend all the Winning Edge Seminars in Grande Prairie, identified by the ASDCNW.
- A range of performance and anthropometric tests, both general and sport specific, will be done pre and post program in Grande Prairie.
- Access to a Registered Dietitian through a one-on-one consultation and regular follow up.
- Access to a Mental Skills Coach through multiple one-on-one sessions.
- Access to a Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach through regular training sessions and email contact.
- Referral to Athletic Therapy through the Sports Medicine Services of the Alberta Sport Development Centre.
Who can apply?
…athletes who take ownership of their personal learning and grow within their sport
…athletes who take initiative to access resources available to them (i.e. coaching, camps, Performance Enhancement Team, etc.)
…athletes who are competing or working towards competing at the highest level offered within their community
…athletes who are aspiring to reach an advanced level of competition within their sport
What is the Application Process?
- Complete the Application, including letters of reference.
- Commit to attending the sessions as outlined on the program schedule
Who will be selected?
The Athlete Enhancement Selection Committee will review all applications and will then award the scholarships. All athletes will be notified as to the results of their application. Scholarship holders will be selected from a broad spectrum of sports.