Frequently Asked Questions
Why access services of the Alberta Sport Development Centre Northwest?
Here are just a few of the reasons:
- The ASDC’s performance enhancement team will use proven Sport Science to take your athletic development to the next level
- Access to pre and post fitness assessment to evaluate your sport specific fitness levels. This tool is crucial for the development of a specifi fitness program that suits your individual athletic needs and team specific goals.
- Access the Winning Edge Seminar Series to get the competitive edge on topics such as sport nutrition, mental preparedness, injury prevention and drug awareness etc.
- Information about Grants, Scholarships and athletic development opportunities through the ASDC website and mailouts.
- Sport Specific physiotherapy available within 2 to 3 business days.
- Nutritional and dietary analysis for athlete’s enhancement in sport.
- Mental training and visualization empowerment for athletes available.
- Discounted membership and all the benefits of a subscriber for the Sport Medicine Council of Alberta.
- Discounted gym membership at Grande Prairie Regional College.
Who can access the Alberta Sport Development Centre?
- The ASDC is currently accepting any sport team that is highly committed and dedicated to enhancing their current training schedule with high performance fitness training.
- Interested teams should have an initial consultation and needs assessment with the Alberta Sport Development Centre in order for us to meet your needs.
- Individual athletes who do not have a team registered with the ASDC program but require additional athletic development support.
What is the Come Fly With Me Foundation?
The “Come Fly With Me Foundation” was created in November 6th, 2006 by Ryan Blais, who is currently on the Canadian National Freestyle Ski Team and originally from Grande Prairie. The intent is to support Grande Prairie and area amateur athletes and provide the opportunity to give back to the community. The Foundation will, in turn, provide financial assistance to our amateur athletes who are on the way towards their goals of competiting at the national and international levels.
How do I apply for the Come Fly With Me Foundation Athlete Grants/Scholarship?
Click on this link to download application form: CFWM Foundation Application.pdf
How much does everything cost?
Please contact 780-539-2816 or email email@example.com.